Exciting News! It Seems That Something Is Changing in TOEFL, Sparking My Motivation to Take the Exam

Exciting News! It Seems That Something Is Changing in TOEFL, Sparking My Motivation to Take the Exam

TOEFL's Exam Testing Time is Too Long

As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I decided to take an English proficiency test to assess my language progress during my study abroad experience.

Considering various tests such as IELTS and TOEIC, I have settled on taking the TOEFL exam.

However, every time I checked the dates, I couldn't help but think, "I'll be occupied the entire day on that day." I also had concerns about whether I could concentrate for three hours.


TOEFL Exam Testing Time Will Apparently be Reduced to 2 Hours

At that moment, I had the opportunity to have lunch with a friend who is currently studying English linguistics in graduate school. I wanted to ask them about studying English.

Since I was also debating whether to take IELTS or TOEFL, I thought of asking their opinion. To my surprise, they advised me, "In that case, it would be better for you to take TOEFL after July!"

The reason behind this advice was that the TOEFL exam duration will be shortened!

If it's only 2 hours, it would be similar to the national center examination(The Basic Test for Japanese University at that time), which I have experienced before, so I should be able to endure it.

In my case, I don't necessarily need to achieve a high score right now to assess my progress before and after studying abroad.

Therefore, I was planning to take the TOEFL exam quickly in mid-July. However, I found out that the exam will be changed starting from late July. So, I want to find a suitable date between late July and August to take the exam.


Exam Preparation Materials Seem to be Abundant

Moreover, it seems that there are plenty of exam preparation materials available for free. Some materials are set to be released in early July.

When I took the TOEIC exam, I thought these types of materials were expensive. So, it's lucky to have access to these valuable resources. It feels like I can ride the wave of language learning.

By the way, I do have some TOEFL materials on hand. Inspired by a professor who graduated from a foreign graduate school, I bought a practice test book called "Delta's Key to the TOEFL iBT®: Seven Practice Tests" and solved a few exercises. However, I never ended up studying abroad or taking the TOEFL.

I hope to make good use of this slightly faded book cover and the materials provided by the official TOEFL resources.


Recommended Reading



No comments:

Post a Comment