Preparing for Study Abroad in the Smartphone Era! One Week Review of the New Model "OPPO Reno9A" by an Ordinary 20s Girl

Preparing for Study Abroad in the Smartphone Era! One Week Review of the New Model "OPPO Reno9A" by an Ordinary 20s Girl

New Model "OPPO Reno 9A"

After writing a blog post expressing my anticipation for the release of a new smartphone model, OPPO JAPAN announced the release. 

There were even teasers before the announcement, adding to the anticipation surrounding OPPO's new device. As expected, it was announced on schedule, bringing relief.

Finally, I made the switch to the OPPO Reno 9A, which was released on the 21st, June. Since I had been planning to upgrade my phone before studying abroad, my wish came true.


Overall Impression

OPPO store on Rakuten, it came with the OPPO Encore wireless earphones


When I purchased it from the official OPPO store on Rakuten, it came with the OPPO Encore wireless earphones.

While some say that the OPPO Reno 9A is not much different from its predecessor, the OPPO Reno 7A, for someone like me who had been using the Reno 3A, which is three years old, it felt like a continuous evolution.

As an average person who is not particularly knowledgeable about smartphones, I would like to record my thoughts on three key points this time.


Long Battery Life

Just like the OPPO Reno 3A, OPPO smartphones have excellent battery life. Moreover, they are designed to have long-lasting batteries. In the past, I often considered upgrading my phone due to battery issues after about two years, but with OPPO, I was able to use my previous phone without stress until the end. Since my previous phone had the same feature, I have high expectations for the battery life of the Reno 9A.

Also, it might be due to my change in usage after leaving my parents' house, but I appreciate that the charging cable is thicker and less prone to breakage. When I had an iPhone, I had to twist and turn the charging cable to find the right direction to charge without disconnecting it.


Dual Camera and Selfie Camera Simultaneous Shooting

There was a feature that I wondered about when I saw the advertisements: the ability to simultaneously shoot with the rear and front cameras.

As the name suggests, when taking a photo, the screen splits into two, allowing you to capture images from both directions at the same time. In the ads, two people were taking pictures together, and I thought, "That would be great."

But maybe it could be the savior for solo travelers as well. Taking a good selfie with the background requires some skills, but with this simultaneous shooting mode, you can capture both the scenery and yourself in one frame. Moreover, the image quality from the rear camera is excellent, and you can include yourself in the photo.

Since I will have more opportunities to do things alone during my study abroad, I want to use this feature actively while being cautious of my surroundings.


Malaysia-themed Customization

I hadn't specifically set up themes on my previous phones, but OPPO's existing selection of themes includes an Asia series.

It's impressive to see stylish designs available for free and unique concepts that are not often seen in Japanese smartphones, which shows that it's an unique Chinese manufacturer.

And when I was researching this time, I found that there was a Malaysia-themed option in the selection of themes.

For the lock screen, there was an illustration of an open car passing in front of the Twin Towers. Additionally, when unlocking the phone, there are dedicated icons for popular apps like Instagram and Facebook. The pastel color scheme is cute but not overly so, which I liked.

Since I found this, I plan to keep this theme for a while.


Minor Drawbacks

However, not everything is perfect. One drawback is that the screen is large, making it difficult to handle with one hand.

For pressing buttons, using the one-handed mode and shifting the buttons towards your dominant hand can solve the issue, but it can still be tiring due to its size.

It seems like they are suggesting to operate it with both hands without pushing myself.



A Companion for Study Abroad Life

A smartphone is essential for shopping, payments, and taking photos. I often write blog posts using my phone as well.

I'm looking forward to it being my companion during my study abroad journey!


Recommended Reading


Destined encounter with my favorite character at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment