Do I need to change my smartphone before studying abroad?

Do I need to change my smartphone before studying abroad?


I am an Android user.

My previous smartphone was an Apple iPhone from au. When I switched to Rakuten Mobile, I chose OPPO's Andloid smartphone because at that time it was a resonable way for the poor student.

When I went to China, I've heard that iPhones are made in China, and I thought, "Well, then the chinese one is almost the same as the iPhone. (Not real)"

I honestly had no trouble with chinese android smartphone, except Air Drop problem. I can't share photos with my friend using Air Drop function. In addition, no one ever said "Let's OPPO SHARE" to me.


My impression of the OPPO phone

Since I got the model with the long-lasting battery, I don't have any trouble playing a lot of games. The only personal inconveniences are the aforementioned Air Drop and the difficulty to get the covers.


I want to the new smartphone

At the end of the year, a person who is about to be transferred overseas on the same working place told me that he had replaced his smartphone. 

My phone's battery life hasn't gone down and I'm fine with it as it is, but I'll be taking pictures in Malaysia, and I'm thinking of changing my phone before I go abroad.

I think I'll stay with Android and if I can find a good model, I'll get the same OPPO as I have now. The reason why is because besides the ease of use, it seems to cause less damage if it gets scratched or taken.

I heard that there are some bad people who target travelers' phones because iPhone is still a luxury item. Before I worry about such crimes, I could make a mistake and scratch your phone yourself.

Chinese Android phones are not cheap, but they are cheaper than iPhones, so I can probably get over it by getting a new phone or having it repaired locally with less financial and psychological damage.

I looked at the cell phone company's website and found that they only carry slightly older models, so I think I'll wait a little longer to see if any new models come out before I make a move.


Recommended Reading


Battling with Wisdom Tooth Extraction Before Studying Abroad!

No comments:

Post a Comment