Battling with Wisdom Tooth Extraction Before Studying Abroad!

Battling with Wisdom Tooth Extraction Before Studying Abroad!


Wisdom Tooth Extraction

When considering my friends' experiences, it seems that most people have their wisdom teeth extracted between high school and college. Due to a few years of neglecting dental visits, my wisdom teeth remained intact until recently.

Last year, I had one wisdom tooth that was on the verge of developing a cavity, and it was suggested that since I was planning to study abroad, it would be better to remove all of them. Consequently, I decided to proceed with the extractions.



Unexpected Succession

I recently underwent the extraction of one of my wisdom teeth, specifically the lower right one that tends to swell easily. I thought it might also alleviate my temporomandibular joint (TMJ) issues, but the improvement seems minimal.

The extraction was quite challenging, resulting in irritation and discomfort in my lips and tongue, making the first week quite tough. However, the situation has improved, and I have no issues currently.

What caught me off guard was that during the follow-up check-up a week after the first extraction, it was mentioned that the next one to be removed would be the opposite side, which usually doesn't swell. While it was indeed part of the plan to remove them all, it was unexpected!

I went for the extraction the following week, and this time it went smoother. I'm currently observing the progress after one week.

The immediate swelling was painful, but it seems better than the first extraction.

I hope that's the end of it and that the last remaining tooth doesn't require extraction. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask the dentist about it.

Well, I guess it's a relief that I won't have to deal with swollen and painful wisdom teeth several times a year while I'm in Malaysia. Let's stay positive and endure it!



What to Do with the Extracted Teeth?

My regular dentist didn't mention anything when I had my previous extractions, but this time, the dentist who performed the extraction asked, "Would you like to take your wisdom teeth home?"

Internally, I wondered, "What would I do with them?"

Considering the ongoing dilemma of what to do with my child's baby teeth and the fact that one of my extracted teeth had chipped and fragmented, I decided to have the dentist dispose of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment