Buying a new suitcase that is a decade old and too oversized! What's different about the new one? expensive?

Buying a new suitcase that is a decade old and too oversized! What's different about the new one? expensive?


My suitcase is super oversized

The suitcase I have used for my previous 2 international trips was a super oversized suitcase that my mother bought for me when I was in high school. She thought that big is better than small, so she thought the bigger the better anyway.

Considering that I had packed my luggage when I moved out of my parents' house to live alone, in addition to my two overseas trips, it was not without its place, but because it was much larger than the average size, it had been sitting in a closet for a long time. It is a super waste, unfortunately.


Super oversized suitcase have a drawback

I thought that this suitcase would be 100% sufficient for my luggage for this study abroad trip, but to begin with, there are many drawbacks to using this suitcase.

First of all, it is too big to carry. It is bigger than the width of my body, and it is very heavy, so when I have to change directions or carry the suitcase on stairs, it takes a lot of unnecessary effort.

Another drawback is that if I am not careful, I end up with overweight checked baggage when I board an airplane.

Since I don't have that much luggage, I can often get through an international flight just in time, but domestic travel is tough.

When I went to China, I remember having a lot of trouble packing just before the domestic flight. The suitcase itself was heavy, which was a big problem for me. 


Going to buy a new suitcase

Above is the reason why I decided to buy a new suitcase.

I found a bag shop in Aeon shopping mall I had just visited, and as I was shopping, a veteran clerk (who definitely likes to travel) took care of me, probably because it was the New Year's holiday season.

And there I learned that suitcases are evolving day by day.

I was surprised to find that the weight was much lighter than when I was in high school (about 10 years ago).

Of course, the sales talk of the shopkeepers must have been good.

I was shown several suitcases of different prices, sizes, and materials, and since I didn't want a regular black or blue one, I chose a unique purple one (the clerk has a yellow one of the same suitcase).


This good shopping brought me one step closer to studying abroad.


Advantages after the purchase

What was especially good about this purchase was that I was able to organize my super huge suitcase that was piling up in the closet.

I now have more space to store it, and it's light and small enough that I can easily move it myself.

I don't travel and use it all the time, and when I put it away, it's nice to be able to settle down without it getting in the way of its place.

Incidentally, our area seems to be one that actively recycles usable items, so this time I disposed of it using the oversize garbage collection service, but it seems that they also offer free pickup if you bring your old suitcase to the store after you buy it.

Later on, I got the impression that even if there is no information on the storefront or website, there are likely to be cases where they do so if you ask them.

I am excited to be able to organize my room and belongings for my study abroad.


Recommended Reading

The Pros and Cons of Getting Married Before Studying Abroad for Women in their Late 20s: What About Using Both Old and New Surnames in the Passport?


No comments:

Post a Comment