No Jet Lag Here! My Early-to-Bed, Early-to-Rise Morning Routine in Malaysia

Thanks to the Time Difference: Waking Up Early in Malaysia

It's been nearly a month since I arrived in Malaysia, and here's a little secret: I'm still dealing with a bit of jet lag. Or rather, I'm intentionally not letting it go.

The time difference between Malaysia and Japan is just one hour, with Malaysia being an hour behind. Living in Malaysia on a Japanese schedule would result in a very healthy early-to-bed, early-to-rise routine. (Though, to be honest, I still haven't kicked my habit of staying up late, so it's more like late-to-bed, early-to-rise!)


Starting the Day Early with Exercise

What do I do when I wake up early? I watch English video content, catch up on homework from the previous day, and make sure to exercise every two to three days while watching YouTube videos.

YouTube offers a wealth of exercise videos that can be done standing up (All standing) or without jumping to avoid disturbing neighbors in an apartment (Apartment-Friendly). These videos provide a good workout, leaving me sweating and exhausted. Plus, with various instructors to choose from, it never gets boring.

The place I'm currently living in is a studio apartment, so while there aren't many rooms, the single room is more spacious than the one I had in Tokyo. This makes it easier to exercise to my heart's content.


Preventing Shoulder Pain for Exercise Haters!

I've never been a fan of physical activity since my school days, so I always tried to avoid it as much as possible. There were even times during my elementary and middle school years when I was heavier than I am now. As I progressed through university and graduate school, my peers became less athletic, and I found myself playing sports on a more level playing field. I even started to think, "I'm not so averse to this anymore."

However, as an adult, those years of avoiding exercise caught up with me, resulting in significant shoulder pain, especially during my office job. Regarding my life in Malaysia, with all the delicious food here, it's also about preventing excessive weight gain (to some extent, I've come to terms with it).

I refuse to let concerns about my physical condition ruin my study abroad experience, so I exercise daily, warming up my shoulders while also aiming to stay in shape.


Recommended Reading!!



Exploring Islam at the National Mosque and Islamic Arts Museum in Malaysia 【Duolingo】Trying Out the New Feature! My Experience with Daily Refresh Must-See! "Effective Methods to Learn English Vocabulary Without Getting Bored" Still Applicable for Adults

No comments:

Post a Comment