Arriving Safely at My Study Abroad Destination in Malaysia! The Start of My Study Abroad Journey

Arriving Safely at My Study Abroad Destination in Malaysia!

Arriving at My Study Abroad Destination in Malaysia!

After a 6-hour and 45-minute flight from Narita Airport, I safely arrived in Malaysia, my study abroad destination.

Due to the scheduling of my language school's enrollment date, I couldn't find a perfect match for my itinerary. However, I've heard that there are flights from Haneda Airport to Kuala Lumpur for those traveling from the Kanto region. This was my first time at Narita Airport since returning from China through a government program, and it felt quite distant.


Narita Airport Comes to Life Around 7:30 AM?

My flight was scheduled for the 10 o'clock hour, so I made sure to arrive at the airport around 7 AM, about three hours in advance. Malaysia Airlines' check-in counters weren't open yet during that time (I think it started around 7:20), so I had to wait for a little while.

Furthermore, it seemed that many of the restaurants serving breakfast opened around 7:30 AM. There were options like sushi and soba, and some places offered breakfast sets.

However, there was a bit of an issue because people who knew the opening times started arriving around 7:30, causing a rush. So, I recommend arriving a bit earlier and going in as soon as the restaurant opens.


Boarding the Malaysia Airlines Flight

Malaysian Airline Airplain

I boarded a Malaysia Airlines flight that was also a codeshare with JAL (Japan Airlines). I purchased the ticket through JAL's website. I remember reading on another blog that Malaysia Airlines' in-flight safety video had a shortened version, but I think it was the full version that played (most likely).

Inside the plane, there were announcements in Malay and English, followed by announcements in Japanese from Japanese-speaking cabin crew. These Japanese announcements were mostly summaries of the Malay and English ones. However, after we had taken off for a while, there was a unique Japanese announcement: "You can now see Mount Fuji on your right."

Mount Fuji

Although there were flights that departed at night and arrived in the morning, my schedule had to align with the language school and company's requirements, so I took a daytime flight. I wasn't very sleepy, so I watched movies, including the Mario movie I had planned to watch here, and before I knew it, we had arrived in Malaysia.


The Beginning of My Study Abroad Journey!

I also plan to write about student visa-related matters later, but at Kuala Lumpur Airport, the staff from the language school welcomed me, helped with immigration, and then provided transportation to the student dormitory in Kuala Lumpur.

During this weekend, with the help of local acquaintances introduced to me by others, I purchased daily necessities and explored the city. I think it's a great city with wonderful people and surroundings.

I'm looking forward to giving it my all for the next year!


Recommended Reading!


【Duolingo】Trying Out the New Feature! My Experience with Daily Refresh Battling with Wisdom Tooth Extraction Before Studying Abroad! ASEANpedia Exhibition - Welcome to Southeast Asia! @ Japan ASEAN Center

No comments:

Post a Comment