Can't Take Passport Photos!? I'm in the Midst of a Battle

Can't Take Passport Photos!? I'm in the Midst of a Battle

Battle with a stye

I've been dealing with a stye in my right eye for about six months now.

In the past, I would visit the ophthalmologist and get antibacterial and steroid eye drops to treat it promptly. However, this time, I've grown tired of going to the eye doctor and I'm waiting for the swelling to naturally subside.


Causes of a Stye

The probable cause of the stye is unconsciously rubbing my eyes while wearing makeup. Over time, it has become more frequent, even on days when I haven't rubbed my eyes but have worn makeup.

Despite wanting to do eye makeup to complement my mask-wearing style, I often have to give up on applying eyeshadow or mascara.


Unexpected Crisis!?

I had been thinking that it's okay as long as it heals, but then I realized that I need to take passport photos (which will likely be used for my student visa in Malaysia) soon.

I don't want to take the photos with swollen eyes, and trying to cover it up with makeup would only worsen the condition of my eye. It's disheartening, and I want to avoid it.

Currently, the decision to wear a mask for preventing stye recurrence is left to individual judgment, and I have been going to work without makeup. Honestly, as long as I apply lipstick or lip color to give some color to my lips, my face doesn't change much even without makeup.

So, if there are people who believe that "not wearing makeup is impolite," I would appreciate it if they could take on my stye for me.

I need to heal the current swelling quickly and take the photos during that period when my appearance improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment