Unexpected Discovery at the Popular Teishoku Restaurant: A Bittersweet Experience

Unexpected Discovery at the Popular Teishoku Restaurant: A Bittersweet Experience

First Visit to the Restaurant

During my lunch break, I decided to try a new restaurant for lunch. This particular establishment was a teishoku restaurant that transformed into a lively izakaya at night.

While the surrounding fast food joints were packed, this place still had some vacant seats, possibly due to its inconspicuous entrance. Intrigued, I entered and was warmly welcomed by the friendly smile of the proprietress. Since I was dining alone, she guided me to a quiet table in the back instead of the bustling counter seats.

She kindly recommended a teishoku dish, and her warmth and friendliness instantly won me over. She was incredibly kind! So friendly!

As I listened to the conversations of other customers entering one after another, I could sense the familiarity between the regulars and the proprietress.

I also witnessed a salaryman in front of me settling the bill and being cheerfully told by the proprietress, "Don't work too hard today!" It was moments like these that made me understand why this place had so many repeat customers. Surely, delightful cuisine and exceptional service awaited.



A Slightly Disconcerting Revelation

However, I soon made some kinds of disheartening realization.

As I finished paying and prepared to leave, the proprietress called out, "Thank you as always!" It wasn't something to be overly concerned about, but it left me feeling somewhat unsettled.

I couldn't help but think, "Ah, so she treats everyone as regulars, huh?"



Moving Forward

Although the proprietress warmly welcomed me, a first-time visitor, I came to realize that her attitude was the same towards other customers as well.

It made me feel a bit lonely, but I believe that the delicious food and the proprietor's wonderful personality remain unchanged.

From now on, I hope to become a true regular customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment